We have several options for all of our swimmers. From young beginner to adult and private lessons.
Please scroll below for all class descriptions.
Red Cross Pre-school, Duck, Sea Turtle, Salamander
3 – 5 years of age, perform a front, back, vertical position (with assistance), move forward, backward, and use arms (with assistance), move forward backwards assisted, front, back floats and recovery assisted and uses buoyant objects for support, can enter shallow water safety; float and glide on the front and back without assistance; move around in a PFD, perform rhythmic breathing 3 times.
RED CROSS SWIM KIDS
- Level 1: 6 years of age or older, can float/front and back, exhale through mouth and nose; flutter kick while gliding on front and back; swim 5 metres continuously
- Level 2: Deep water activities; can breathe rhythmically 10 times; glides front/back with kick for 5m and swim 10 metres continuously
- Level 3: Can swim front crawl at least 5 metres, arms recovering above water; and swim 15 metres continuously
- Level 4: Can surface support 45 seconds; swim front crawl at least 10 metres; swim on back with kick 10 metres; swim 25 metres continuously.
- Level 5: Can swim front and back crawl at least 15 metres; perform the whip kick on back at least 5 metres; perform kneeling dive and swim 50 metres continuously.
- Level 6: Can swim front crawl and back crawl at least 25 metres; swim coordinated elementary backstroke at least 15 metres; and swim 75 metres continuously.
- Level 7: Can swim front crawl and back crawl at least 50 metres; swim elementary backstroke 25 metres; whip kick on front 15 metres; and swim 150 metres continuously.
- Level 8: Can swim front crawl and back crawl at least 75 metres; swim elementary backstroke and breaststroke at least 25 metres; swim head first sculling on back 10 metres; perform a stride jump; swim 300 metres continuously.
- Level 9: Can swim front crawl and back crawl at least 100 metres; swim elementary backstroke and breaststroke 25 metres; swim 400 metres continuously.
- Level 10: Are an adolescent or adult interested in participating in a swimming and Water Safety program, based on their own abilities, interests and goals.
Please contact Amanda at (905)894-2750 for information regarding private lessons
- Every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Preschool Swim: 10:00 am to 10:30 am or 10:30 am to 11:00 am
- Swim Kids: 11:00 am to 11:30 am or 11:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Children will be grouped on the first day and assigned to a half-hour slot
Classes with meet with Jennifer, our swimming Instructor, at the flag pole on the beach
Prices are in Canadian Dollars and include tax
- $50 per week
- Non-members add an additional 20% surcharge
- There are no refunds in the event of inclement weather
Week 1: July 4th-July 6th
Week 2: July 11th-July 13th
Week 3: July 18th-July 20th
Week 4: July 25th-July 27th
Week 5: August 1st-August 3rd
Week 6: August 8th-August 10th